RECLAIM YOUR SMILE
Mequon Dental Implants
Complimentary Consultations • Dental Plans From $38 a Month • Same-Day Appointments
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental Implants are artificial metal posts that are permanently anchored to the jaw bone. These tooth roots are where the replacement teeth will be added. Dental implants are ideal replacement for failing teeth or missing teeth because of its longevity, strength, and natural appearance. Unlike dentures, implants have strong bases which means there will be no movement of slippage.
What To Expect With Dental Implants
Typically, dental implant surgery is an ambulatory procedure carried out in a series of stages, with intervals for healing between each step. The process of installing a dental implant involves several sequential actions, which include:
1) Extraction of the damaged tooth
2) Preparation of the jawbone, which may involve grafting if necessary
3) Placement of the dental implant
4) Bone growth and healing
5) Placement of the abutment
6) Attachment of the artificial tooth
The entire process can span several months from initiation to completion. A significant portion of this duration is dedicated to recuperation and waiting for new bone growth in the jaw. Depending on your specific circumstances, certain steps can be occasionally combined based on the procedure performed or the materials utilized.
Structure of the Dental Implant
THE IMPLANTis a screw-like post that acts as a base for the new tooth. It is permanently attached to the jaw bone
THE ABUTMENTis the connector piece that secures the crown to the implant. This part will not be visible.
THE CROWNis the replacement tooth. This is custom made to match the color, shape, and size of the natural teeth.
Mequon Single Tooth Implants
If a patient loses a tooth due to a disease or an accident, a single tooth implant is the best option. A single tooth implant only uses one titanium dental implant with a single crown attached to it.
Why Our Mequon Patients Choose Us for Dental Implants
- Improved Comfort - Dental implants greatly improve a person’s quality of life. Patients learn to smile again, speak clearly, and eat anything they want.
- Improved Health - Dental implants helps improve long-term oral health. Patients improve their health diets because they now reap the benefits of being able to eat with an expanded diet.
- High Success Rate - The success rate for dental implants is 98%. It is considered one of the most successful procedures in the medical-dental field. Investing on a dental implant can also be a good investment because with proper care, your dental implant can last a lifetime.
- Preservation of Facial Structure and Appearance - Empty spaces in your mouth can lead to your jaw bone’s deterioration. Dental implants are the only type of tooth restoration that prevents bone loss and helps stimulate bone growth.
- Renewed Self-Confidence - An improved appearance and comfort greatly increased the self-esteem of our patients. Everyone deserves to smile! Invest in yourself today by choosing dental implants from Mequon Smile Design.